Most of us love sunny days but the sun can get a little too hot for many of us. This is why it is best to turn to a tower fan.
A tower fan is an appliance that pulls in air and thrusts it forward in an oscillatory motion and in a much wider arc than regular fans. It ensures the air reaches every corner of the room and the temperature is reduced.
It looks aesthetically pleasing and is also quite affordable compared to other options.
So, without much ado, let’s have a look at the ten best tower fans on the market:
10 Best Tower Fans 2019
Best for Long Sleep
Best for Silent Operation
|Seville Classics UltraSlimline|
Best for Little Space
|Holmes Oscillating Tower Fan|
Best for Tech-Friendly
|Dyson Cool AM07|
Best for Fast Performance
|Arctic-Pro Digital Screen|
Best for Durability
|Ozeri OZF1 Ultra|
Best for Big Spaces
Best for Looks
|COSTWAY Tower Fan|
Best for Low Budget
1. Lasko T42951 Wind Curve Tower Fan – Best for Long Sleep
Lasko tower fan tops our list due to the features it offers. It comes with a built-in ionizer and is capable of circulating cold air quickly. It allows you to set a shut-off timer and has different speed options as well.
Speed: You can choose from 3 various speed options:
Choose the speed that works the best for you. It’s one of the few models out there that work silently even at the top speed, making it a good option for very hot regions.
Programmable: This tower fan offers good convenience by allowing you to set an auto-shut off timer between 0.5 to 7.5 hours. Thanks to this feature, you will not have to wake up from sleep to turn it off.
Plus, handling it is easy thanks to it being remote operable.
Night Time Setting: This is a perfect feature when you want to sleep peacefully.
It automatically dims the panel light, operated at high for an hour, then reduces to medium for an hour, and then switches to low speed and continues to operate until you set it off.
This setting will allow you to sleep throughout the night.
Built-In Ionizer: It purifies the air using an electrically charged wire.
- 1-year warranty.
- Quite easy to assemble.
- Safe to use thanks to the Blue Plug technology.
- Built-in carrying handle.
- Purifies air.
- Small footprint.
- Dust may accumulate inside if not kept well maintained.
2. Honeywell HYF290B Quietset – Best for Silent Operation
Honeywell HYF290B is a combination of both design and functionality. The best feature of this unit is the 8 speed option that allows you to create a personalized atmosphere in your room.
Apart from that, you can use the timer for more ease and comfort.
8-Speed Options: This tower fan oscillates cold air in 8 various speeds.
The max setting might feel a bit loud but only when you’re standing next to it.
Timer: The unit offers 4 auto shut timer options to choose from. You can set it to 1, 2, 4 or 8 hour auto shutdown.
Remote Operable: It comes with a remote controller that allows you to increase or decrease the light (5 options).
Apart from that, you can press the oscillation button to make the air circulate throughout the room.
- 1-year warranty.
- Sleek design.
- Suitable for all areas.
- Easy to assemble.
- 6 feet cord is long enough.
- Safe to use because the blades inside are enclosed in a finger proof material.
- Doesn’t turn back on automatically when the power goes out and comes back.
3. Seville Classics UltraSlimline – Best for Little Space
This tower fan offers excellent power and operates silently. It looks good, oscillates air in a wide angle, and cools a room in a jiffy.
Maximum Performance: Unlike most tower fans, this one is made up of all-steel air intake grill. Its job is to enhance airflow and minimize noise. This is why this tower fan is also referred to as an ultra quiet fan.
Speed Options: It offers 4 speed options:
Oscillation: The fan oscillates at 75 degrees and throws widespread air throughout the room, making it cooler quickly.
Timer: You can set a shut off timer from 30 minutes to 7.5 hours. Thanks to this feature, you can sleep without having to worry about anything.
- 1-year warranty.
- Comes with a remote (15 feet of range).
- Takes only 1 square foot of space.
- The plug is overvoltage protected.
- Makes a faint clicking noise at high speed.
4. Holmes Oscillating Tower Fan – Best for Tech-Friendly
Holmes tower fan is good at covering a large area. It reduces the humidity and makes the room cooler in a matter of minutes.
You can find amazing features on this one such as auto-shut off with a timer, varying fan speeds, etc.
Energy Efficient: The manufacturer has made this model to consume less energy. In fact, it is said to use 60% less energy than most tower fans. It can turn out to be an affordable option in the long-run.
Manage Fan Speed: The fan has a multi-functional control panel that allows you to change speed settings. You can set it to any one of the three speed options:
Automatic Shutdown: You can set a timer (up to 8 hours) to turn the unit off automatically. This will eliminate the need to compromise your sleep in the middle of the night.
- LED lights look aesthetically pleasing.
- Integrated handle for easy carrying.
- Comes with a remote controller and offers hands-free operation.
- Quiet when operational.
- Doesn’t purify the air.
5. Dyson Cool AM07 Air Multiplier Tower Fan – Best for Fast Performance
Dyson AM07 is a premium product that used modern air circulating technology to get rid of humidity.
It has fast working blades that make the room cooler in mere minutes.
Air Multiplier Technology: Dyson uses this modern technology to circulate cold air using a powerful stream of airflow. The beauty of this technology is that besides delivering powerful air streams, it consumes 10% less power than most tower fans.
Quiet And Programmable: The blades inside the unit have reduced airflow turbulence which is why it makes 60% less noise than previous Dyson models.
You can set a sleep timer from 9 minutes to 9 hours on this tower fan as well.
10 Airflow Settings: You can choose from 10 various speed settings by using the remote control. However, note that the higher the setting, the higher will be the power consumption. Therefore, it is recommended to not operate the unit at max all the time.
What you can do is start with the max setting and switch it to a low setting after an hour or so. This will prevent the unit from consuming a lot of power and spiking your electricity bill.
- Safe to use.
- Easy to clean.
- Magnetized remote can be hung on the fan.
- 2-year warranty.
- Very expensive.
6. Vornado 184 Whole Room Tower Air Circulator Fan – Best for Long Warranty
Vornado 184 operates on a modern V-flow technology that can keep the room cool by circulating air throughout the area.
It has strong fan blades that keep the air rolling. Plus, the unit also offers different speed settings.
Air Flow: This beauty is capable of delivering an air stream of up to 500 cubic feet per minute. This makes it suitable for big rooms as well (up to 100 feet).
4 Speeds: It offers four speed options to choose from. You can change the speed with the push button given on the unit.
Timer: You can set the timer for 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours. It’s a useful feature that won’t affect your sleep.
- Doesn’t wobble.
- 5-year warranty.
- Energy saving tower fan.
- Wide blades of 4 inches provide with strong wind current.
- 6 feet cord.
- Remote operable.
- Produces noise on the lowest and highest settings.
7. Arctic-Pro Digital Screen Oscillating Tower Fan – Best for Durability
This 42 inch tall unit will chill the room through its 80 degree oscillation. It is a quality product that’s durable and comes from a reliable company.
Three-Modes: The tower fan offers 3 running modes:
- Night: It comes with a timer function and turns off the LED light on the fan.
- Normal: It will help save energy by consuming less power
- Eco: It allows you to run the fan at your desired speed.
Speed: You can choose from 3 various speeds:
Location: You can either attach the fan directly to the base or use it off the ground using a pedestal.
- Remote operable.
- Only takes 10 minutes to assemble.
- Timer can be set from 1 to 12 hours.
- You can control it using the buttons on top if the remote is not available.
- A bit loud.
8. Ozeri OZF1 Ultra 42 inch Wind Fan – Best for Big Spaces
This tower has it all. It is not only stylish but offers speed, airflow patterns, running modes, and longevity as well.
It is super easy to use thanks to the LED display. Moreover, it can also be operated with a remote.
Ozeri Technology: This fan works on Ozeri technology by oscillating at 90 degrees, making little to no noise.
The unit offers 3 different airflow patterns, making it a good option for most users.
LED Display: The fan shows the current temperature of the room on the display screen. It’s a multi-LED screen that looks visually attractive and dims automatically when you select the night mode.
Airflow Patterns: Ozeri Tower fan offers 3 various airflow patterns that will help you sleep, relax, and be comfortable in your room even when the weather is hot.
Timer: This option allows you to run the fan for the required number of hours and set it to go off automatically.
- 1-year warranty.
- Offers 5000 CFM.
- Adjustable height from 32” to 42”.
- Cools the room in no time.
- Difficult to clean the filter.
9. Lasko 2511 36″ Tower Fan – Best for Looks
Another Lasko fan makes it to the list. It provides consistent air flow and a has durable metal/plastic body that looks great and serves as a decor piece as well.
You can choose from various speed options and it is also quite easier to use, especially with the remote it comes with.
Speeds: The unit offers 3 speeds to choose from. The good part about this feature is that all the speeds options produce almost no noise at all.
Oscillation And Timer: Lasko 2511 is capable of delivering strong oscillations that will spread the cold wind across the room. Moreover, you can set a timer between 1 to 7 hours to make it shut off automatically.
Remote Operable: You can control it from a distance and get peace of mind. The remote lets you set speed, oscillation mode, and timer.
- Integrated carry handle.
- 3 fan speeds.
- Occupies less space.
- 1-year warranty.
- The plastic might give off smell in the initial days.
10. COSTWAY Tower Fan – Best for Low Budget
People who are looking for an easy to use tower fan should consider this one. It offers multiple speed options, a carrying handle, an LCD display with touch buttons, and a consistent stream of air.
3-Speed Fan Modes: The oscillation fan in this unit offers 3 speed mode options:
- Nature: Consumes less power.
- Normal: Follows the standard protocol.
- Night: Dims the LCD light and allows you to set a timer.
Auto-Shutoff: You can set a timer (up to 9 hours) on this machine. This helps ensure you do not have to wake up to switch off the unit.
No-Blade Design: This unit doesn’t have the blade design which is why it is super quiet when it comes to noise. It rather uses an oscillating fan.
- Remote operable.
- Touch buttons beep when pressed.
- Easy to clean.
- It is very easy to assemble and use.
- Not very durable due to the plastic body.
What is a Tower Fan?
A tower fan is a tall, useful home/office appliance that exerts cool fresh air into the room. it can make a hot room cooler and bearable in just a few minutes.
This fan oscillates from left to right and delivers a powerful stream of ariflow, just like a natural breeze. This helps reduce heat and reduces suffocation.
These fans produce little to no noise unlike coolers and are also very affordable.
How Do Tower Fans Work?
They contain an electric motor that rotates the cylindrical container where the blades are intact. As a result of a rotation, these blades create a stream of wind.
Some units also produce air using the popular oscillation technology. Here, the oscillation fan inside the unit moves from left to right at 80 or 90 degree angle and produce air in a vertical manner.
How to Choose the Best Tower Fan
There are several factors that you need to consider if you wish to pick the best tower fan. For example, some tower fans have the oscillation feature while some don’t. Some can purify the air while some can’t. Therefore, it is important to know what you want in a tower fan.
Let’s look at the important factors:
- Oscillation: Tower fans with oscillation air flow are powerful and recommended. During an oscillation, the vents/fans move from left to right and deliver a stronger and wider arc of air. Thus, you feel a natural breeze in your room. Hence, look for a fan that has this feature.
- Noise: Some tower fans make little noise while some can be a bit loud. Now, manufacturers do not specify the noise rating in dB but there are some units that are quite silent. These include Lasko, Dyson, and Honeywell fans.
- Energy Efficiency: Night mode is a feature that is found in many tower fans. This feature not only makes the fan consume less power by dimming the LED light but also allows the user to set a timer function to turn off the unit.
- Speed Modes: If it gets too hot in your region then you need a tower fan with multiple speed modes. Premium level fans offer up to 10 speed modes.
- Remote Operation: Most tower fans like Seville Classics UltraSlimline come with a remote. You can use it to control the device.
- Filtration: Some tower fans have a filter inside them which captures allergens and harmful particles. Lasko T42951 Wind Curve Portable Tower Fan, for example, can be a good pick as it purifies the air.
- Warranty: Warranty of a tower fan is an important aspect that must not go unnoticed. Electronic devices can malfunction, hence choosing an option like Honeywell HYF290B Quietset 8 with a long warranty can be a good choice.
How To Clean A Tower Fan
Cleaning a tower fan is easy. Follow these tips:
- Remove the screws to detach the panel. Grab an air compressor, place a blower nozzle, and turn it on. Allow it to build pressure for at least 30 seconds and blow the dust off the filters, panel, etc.
- When the dust doesn’t seem to come out anymore, turn the fan to 180 degrees and clean the fan with a brush.
- Screw the panel back in. Your tower fan is now cleaned.
Tower Fan FAQs
Q: Can I put a tower fan in the kid’s/baby’s room?
Loud tower fans would irritate the baby which is why you need to get a tower fan that is super silent. We recommend to use Dyson or Honeywell fans as they are super quiet during operation.
Also, make sure to keep it at a good distance from the baby. Moreover, kids should not be able to reach it.
Q: Can tower fans cover large rooms?
Sadly, they cannot as tower fans are designed to cater to smaller rooms. However, some units can cover about 100 sq. ft. of rooms like the Vornado 184 Whole Room Tower Fan.
Q: What does a tower fan with HEPA filters mean?
Such a fan has a built-in HEPA filter whose job is to prevent allergens and dust particles from escaping into the air. In simpler words, it produces clean, harmless. and fresh air.
Q: Can a tower fan run for 24 hours?
Some can but it is not recommended. This is because the continuous operation will make the electric motor hot and this could lead to safety issues. Apart from that, it can also spike the electricity bill.
These were the ten of the best tower fans on the market to choose from. Pick one that suits you the best and you will have nothing to complain about.