Ultimate Comfort is something that appears in mind when Recliners come under discussion. This piece of furniture is one of the conventional means to relax your body and mind. Many of us have witnessed our grandparents resting on them while reading their favorite books.
Well, they are no more associated with aged people only. It is not very difficult to purchase a good recliner for yourself. However, it might involve a thorough consideration of its major aspects. In this write-up, we have collected a list of top 10 best recliners on the market along with their brief review.
10 Best Recliners 2019
|Yandel Power Recliner||Metal||139 lbs|
|Faux Leather Recliner||Leather, Metal||45 lbs|
|Compact Manual Recliner||Polyester||62 lbs|
|GDF 301371 Recliner||Microfiber or Fabric||68 lbs|
|Homelegance Reclining Chair||Leather||90 lbs|
|Southern Motion Rocker Recliner||Leather, Suede||120 lbs|
|Reclina-Rocker by Anderson||Fabric||63 lbs|
|Cooper Power Recliner||Polyester||Not list|
|Malone 4257 by Jackson Catnapper||Fabric||145 lbs|
|Single Recliner by Homall||Leather||61 lbs|
1. Yandel Power Recliner – Best Rated Overall
This Yandel Power Lift Recliner is a remarkable item that combines performance with trendy looks. You can easily change your position by just pressing a few buttons. This chair allows you to recline your back along with elevating your legs easily.
This Power Lifter comes with the dual motor. Thus, you can change your back or footrest position independent of each other. The buttons are present in a convenient position. So that, you don’t need to move awkwardly to in order to achieve your desired point.
Besides providing comfort user-friendly features, this recliner is made to last long as well. First of all, its frame contains the corner-blocked feature. It helps in providing additional durability to the whole structure. Moreover, its metal-reinforced seat along with hard-wearing cushion adds more to its sturdiness.
In order to achieve maximum comfort, this Yandel product is comparatively bigger in size. It covers your whole body with its cozy and warm cushioning. It contains thick Polyester upholstery all over the recliner structure including footrest.
You can rest on this recliner while enjoying all of its traits even during power failure. It is because it offers a battery backup feature as well. However, you would need to add two 9 volts batteries.
However, with all its incredible features, there is some inconvenience as well. It is just because of its remote that is attached not fixed inside the recliner. It might fall easily when you doze off due to the immense comfort of this recliner.
- With its dual batteries, you can customize its position according to your requirements.
- Its backup batteries would never fail to provide you luxurious comfort.
- Attached cushion, corner-blocked, and metal reinforcement bestow it with extensive durability.
- Its thick cushioning provides comfort not just to your back but to the neck, head, legs, and feet as well.
- Its hanging remote is difficult to keep in one place.
- The polyester fiber of cushion is sensitive to temperature variations.
2. Faux Leather Recliner – Best Massaging Recliner
This Faux Leather Electric Massage Recline is a product you would ask for after a long hectic day. It literally comes with everything you might expect in the best recliners.
Firstly, it comes equipped with a massage feature. Thus, you will get relaxation and massage simultaneously to attain instant relief from aches and weariness.
What’s more? It further provides a number of massage modes and intensity levels. It comes with five different pre-programmed massage features along with nine intensity levels. You can also adjust its target area. Therefore now, you will get an accurate and concerted massage for different regions like calves, thighs, upper and lower back.
Next significant thing that can ensure the comfort is recliner’s cushioning. This product won’t disappoint here as well. The recliner features double padded faux leather backrest along with cushioned armrests and ottoman.
It offers other convenience features as well and comes with side pockets. It assists in storing massage controller that is wireless. With all its versatile features, it never stays behind in terms of its durability. Thus, it comes with a sturdy metal frame for prolonged use. Moreover, the faux leather cushioning is quite easy to clean.
However, you should keep in mind the shortcomings that a faux leather material would bring. With all its benefits, it will retain your body heat as well.
- With its versatile massage feature, you can enjoy your required message.
- Its side pockets are a great plus for storing its wireless controller.
- Heavy cushioning feels very comfy.
- It offers durability with its strong metal frame.
- It might smell in its initial days.
- You would need to assemble it on your
3. Cabrales Manual Recliner – Best Manual Recliner
The thing worth mentioning about this Compact Polyester Blend Recliner is its appearance. It looks really trendy and can go well with other home furniture items. Its remarkable style allows you to put it anywhere at your home. It will definitely assist in enhancing the aesthetic appeal of that area.
The upholstery of this item contains a blending of linen with polyester. This cushioning will provide a smooth and comfortable feel. Another distinguishing attribute is its size. This recliner’s design is considerably smaller in size. Therefore, it can easily adjust in a home with less available spaces.
The reclining mechanism of this item is manual. You can lock its backrest in two positions. However, its armrest can change its angle at 180 degrees. It offers push-back method to adjust reclining position. It is simple and comparatively easier to operate.
The frame of this recliner contains solid birch wood material. It is significantly dense and thick material. Therefore, you can expect an acceptable sturdiness from this product. This recliner is available in a number of gorgeous colors. You can choose anyone that matches your furniture.
With all its remarkable features, this Manual Recliner has a few drawbacks as well. It doesn’t offer plush cushioning. Rather, the padding feels comparatively firmer. Moreover, few people have also reported color mismatching problem.
- Nice looking recliner.
- Offers an easy reclining mechanism.
- The recliner can even adjust to a small
- Not suitable for those looking for bigger recliners.
- It feels firmer.
4. GDF 301371 Recliner – Best Manual Recliner
This mid-century 301371 Mason Recliner looks more like some fashionable furniture piece. It comes with a nice appearance and finishing that makes it equally useful as a normal chair/sofa piece.
Its backrest contains tufting with heavy padding of polyester. It is also available in a variety of colors. Therefore, you can choose any of them that go well with your home theme.
It comes with push-back recliner mechanism. It is comparatively easier to operate yet effective. Even a small kid can operate it easily. It provides two reclining positions for your back.
The construction material of its frame is Birchwood with Espresso finishing of its legs. It bestows this recliner with a great amount of durability. With all its remarkable attributes, the price range of this piece is not very high. All in all, we can say it is a good recliner that offers great value to your money.
However, it is important to consider its size before going to purchase it. It is not very suitable for tall people. Though it is fine for normal sitting, reclining is small to provide head support. Its size and appearance make it suitable for average size ladies.
- Easy to assemble.
- Its reclining mechanism is easy to operate and functional.
- The recliner is particularly useful for people with average height.
- Its cushioning is soft and comfortable.
- The recliner might not offer head support to taller people.
- Its arms might feel narrower.
5. Homelegance Reclining Chair – Best Value for Money
This Center Hill Glider Reclining Chair is more like a normal furniture piece with incredible appearance. This imported quality recliner contains seat cushioning of bonded leather. It is the combination of Polyester, Leather, Cotton, and PU. The body of this item contains bi-cast vinyl/faux leather.
The arms of this recliner are comparatively conventional in style. They further contain channel tufting style with nailhead accent.
This item comes with thick padding all over its body. You can expect nice cushioning at headrest and footrest as well. It contains a lever mechanism for reclining. However, when not reclining, it provides gliding motion.
Furthermore, reclining is quite easier. You only need to pull the lever and it will conveniently recline. With all its remarkable features, there are a few shortcomings too. Firstly, it won’t let you lay straight on it due to limited reclining angle. Secondly, it doesn’t offer reliable stability. On reclined position, if you lay on it roughly, there are chances of its tripping over.
- Provides padding for your head and footrest as well.
- Very convenient to assemble this recliner.
- The recliner has a nice
- With its some degree of reclining, you can’t lay flat on it.
- People with limited arm movement might feel hard to access recliner controller.
6. Southern Motion Rocker Recliner – Best Electric Powered Recliner
This is a rocker recliner by avatar collection. It is equipped with power motion recline and all position power headrest, both have their own dedicated electric power motors which are whisper-quiet. A USB port is also provided on the side with 4 button control switch so that you can charge your phone or other compatible devices.
Using memory plus feature you can save your suitable position in memory. It will save you from the hassle of setting the position every time you settle down. The iRecliner app can be used to control your recliner from your phone or tablet. You can change positions, turn on or off motors right from your phone.
It is a wall hugger recliner so you can place it against a wall, it will save you a lot of space. You’ll enjoy rocking and swiveling features as well. As electricity is needed to make use of all the features you will be restricted to place it near an outlet or you won’t be able to use massagers, iRecliner or USB port to charge your phone.
- Available in your choice of fabric and color.
- Arm cushions are filled with polyfoam.
- It provides proper comfort and support for your arms.
- Five-year warranty for mattresses, cushions, sleeper mechanisms, springs, wooden frame components.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty for the Black Metal Patented Parts
- Assembly will be needed when installing it.
7. Reclina-Rocker by Anderson – Best for Portability
This chair is designed with more of an old-school approach. Anderson Reclina-Rocker® Recliner doesn’t have some the modern features we usually see in a recliner such as a massage or a heater. But it provides a very comforting experience.
Its extra wide design provides the top level of relaxation with comfortable cushions. A channel-stitched and tapered back provides proper lumbar support even when you are rocking or reclining. You can adjust the 3-position locking to sit straight, get back or take a nap with an easy-to-reach handle on the side, or you can lean back with your feet down.
As it is a complete manual chair you will be deprived of any new features such as massager. You can just sit on it that’s all. It has a weight limit of 250 pounds so you don’t even consider it if you are plus size.
- Highly portable.
- It doesn’t have any electric parts so you can place it anywhere without thinking about an outlet.
- You have over 900 fabrics and leather options to choose from.
- It looks nice and compact as compared to other gigantic recliners.
- Manual parts might wear off after some time due to regular use.
- Not a wall hugger design. You cannot place it against a wall.
8. Cooper Power Recliner – Best for Position Customizations
This recliner comes with the Infinite position and customized motion. It means that you can adjust to the position that you find most comfortable. It is as easy to use as a touch of a button on the side. Its spring system comes with a lifetime warranty and the manufacturer can replace it.
Most recliners have a 2 or 3 piece seat and separate leg-rest cushion. This recliner features one long cushion that is stretched from the seating section towards the feet. It provides extra support to your legs and eliminates the gap that got piles of dust inside and toddlers stuck their toys.
It is also equipped with separate controls for power headrest and reclining mechanisms. There is also a Home button that will instantly return this recliner to the default position. A USB port on the power control for your technology needs.
This recliner does not have wall hugging feature. It requires 12″ of wall clearance. It is not delivered in many regions. Its centers are in Sidney, Columbus, Fort Wayne, Dayton, Lima, Ohio area. It might be unavailable excluding these areas.
- Single piece design provides more comfort for thighs and feet.
- Provides many different positions and can set with a press of a button.
- Modern looking design.
- Need to place near a power outlet and won’t even work in case of power outage.
- Doesn’t have swirling feature.
9. Malone 4257 by Jackson Catnapper – Best for Heavyweight People
It is a simple, Conventional looking recliner. It comes with no modern features or technology. No manual or automatic features are given to adjust the angle or seat. Highlighting feature of this recliner is the level of comfort it provides.
With gel-memory foam inside and lay flat option, it gives extreme relaxation when you settle down. With wide and reinforced frame it is spacious as well as durable and coil spring cushions are also added in the armrest. Its 400 pounds weight limit shows the durability and strength of the frame.
It is deprived of all the new and exciting features. No heating or massaging feature. The recliner settings are also very limited. You cannot even set the angle; it reclines to a fixed angle.
- Does not require any power so you can keep it anywhere in the house
- Comes in three types of fabric vino, basil, and
- Very comfortable and relaxing.
- It is also considered by plus size people due to weight limits of 400 pounds.
- Doesn’t have the feature of rocking or swirling.
- It does not support wall hugging feature.
10. Single Recliner by Homall – Best for Small Spaces
It is quite special than others. It t does not have any advanced features yet it feels and look very modern due to its shape and style. This recliner chair by Homall is made of High-quality PU leather. This material is very comfortable. It is skin friendly and it can be easily cleaned.
The armrests are wider and curved. They are equipped with a high-density thicker sponge for extra comfort. It gives double comfort with adjustable footrest. It has a larger-size seat cushion. A Very durable steel frame is used with thicker foam padding for the seat.
It also provides lifetime exchange warranty, free exchange in case you face installation problems; any part is damaged or missing parts. Your recliner can be exchanged or your money can be refunded if you don’t like it. No extra fee will be needed. Maximum capacity of this recliner is 265 pounds. Unfortunately, despite all these exciting features you cannot consider it if you are a plus size.
- It has a modern and compact design.
- The material can be cleaned and prevent odor smells.
- Comes in 3 variants black, brown and grey.
- No need for any electricity. Totally independent you can place it anywhere.
- Thick recliner back for extra neck and back support.
- No massager or heater.
- No adjustable positioning.
Things to Consider Before Buying
There are numbers of things you should consider before purchasing a recliner. They are both regarding your specification as well as recliners’ specs. Here, we are going to discuss them.
Evaluate Your Requirements
1. Room’s size
What is the size of your room? Evaluate this factor carefully. You should measure the size of the recliner at its maximum reclining position. There should be a gap of 1 to 3 feet between the wall and fully reclined furniture.
2. Your physical appearance
Check the recliner while sitting on it. You head should have a proper support and legs should rest comfortably on the footrest. Moreover, the gap between your seat and footrest should be five inches at maximum.
3. Recliner’s construction
First of all, it should have sturdy construction. The screws should be strong and tight. The motor should work silently. Levers/buttons should work effectively and conveniently. The frame should be durable.
4. Furniture style
How your home décor does look like? Is it trendy or classic? Your recliner should compliment your home interior. You can get numerous options in this aspect. Manufacturers now make recliners in a variety of styles that can go well with both trendy as well as neutral surroundings.
Types of Recliners
You can now purchase different types of recliners. Three of these types are below:
These recliners look casual and provide immense comfort. These items are affordable too and usually contain cushioning all over their bodies.
2. High Leg
This type is suitable for those looking for some stylish option. It is because these recliners look more like a typical sofa/chair rather than a recliner. High-leg recliners are usually more expensive and come with push-back reclining option.
3. Lift recliner
This recliner type is greatly functional. Besides providing other features it also assists users to get up from the chair. It contains a powered lift mechanism. It raises the user by slightly lifting its back up. This type is valuable for people with special requirements.
Here are other features that you can look for while purchasing any specific type of recliner:
1. Rocker recliners
Few recliners are available with the rocking mechanism. They rock while you sit on them. This feature is useful for insomnia patients as well as nursing mothers.
2. Swivel bottom
Such recliners can turn in any direction you want. They contain pivot on their base. You can move them to face any direction just like a revolving chair.
3. Massage feature
Few recliners also come with massage option. These items will massage you while you sit on it. You can also get some models that provide heating as well.
4. Power source
Besides lever and handle, there are few recliners that you can handle by just pressing few buttons. Such models contain its built-in motors.
5. USB charger
This is one of the super luxurious features you can obtain in recliners. It contains a built-in USB charger slot. You can charge your devices while enjoying the comfort of your puffy chair.
Besides all these aspects, you should also look for recliners’ fabric. You can purchase them in numbers of materials like cotton, polyester, leather, and others. However, whatever you choose, it should be comfortable and durable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the difference between a regular chair and recliner with respect to size?
Recliners are usually bigger than regular chair due to added features such as recline, footrest, massagers and heaters etc. Modern recliners that have some features excluded are usually of comes in almost same as regular chairs.
Q. Do recliners need any assembling?
Yes, usually recliners are delivered in different parts due to big size. They are assembled after delivery. Some recliners are also already assembled in the warehouse and delivered after that. It varies with brands and models. You need to about it before purchasing.
Q. What different types of recliner are available?
Yes, all recliners are not the same. There are basically three types of recliners:
- The Traditional Two-Position Recliner: It is a less expensive option, it only comes with a mechanism that opens the footrest and allows you to fully recline. These are mostly non-electric recliners.
- The Rocker Recliner: It is the most popular type of recliner. It allows you to rock while seating upright and a wide range of angles are available for reclining. These are electric recliners.
- The Push-Back/Flex-Back Recliner: Only back reclines in this type of recliner turning it into completely flat. These are usually non-electric recliners.
Q. What extra features are available with recliners?
Recliners mainly focus on your comfort. It comes with a lot of different features to make you feel more relaxed. Following are the features:
- The massager is a most common feature. Many recliners come with one or sometimes two massagers which targets different parts of your back or head.
- A heater is also a highlighted feature. It provides heat to back areas. It is very helpful for the sore back.
- Small refrigerators along with cup holder are also included in recliners below armrest so that you can settle down for a match with your drinks chilling beneath your arm.
- USB ports are quite a new feature to charge your devices while using them sitting on the recliner.
Q. Do recliners need electricity?
Yes, many recliners need the power to operate. Several features such as massagers and heaters require electricity. It needs to be connected to a power outlet to work. In some cases, recliners completely manual and do not require electricity. It completely depends on the features of the recliner.
Recliners are a great source of relaxing your body. Now, they are even available in a variety of styles and designs of our choice. With this innovation, they have become even more valuable furniture item. You can either use them as a regular sitting place or use it as a recliner.
In this write-up, we have reviewed a few best recliners. By reading them, you would have gotten an idea about their varieties in terms of functioning and appearance. We have also discussed a few decisive factors of recliners. We hope going through all this information would greatly assist you in purchasing the perfect recliner for yourself.