Life is fast and tiring. Most of us prefer to get some rest when we do heavy chores or return from work. However, we don’t always have access to the bed, which may make thing difficult.
Here’s where a sleeping recliner can be your friend and help you get comfy. It can be used to both sit and relax, and take a nap as well.
Bed recliners are an affordable option and much better than wooden rocking chairs. In fact, they can also help people who suffer from back pain by relieving tension from their back.
Since there are many bed recliners on the market and one can easily get confused, we have reviewed some of the bed recliners for you.
6 Best Recliners for Sleeping 2019
46" x 48" x 31"
36" x 38" x 41"
27.6”x 35.8”x 38.6”
39" x 40.5" x 40"
67" x 39" x 48"
40" x 36"x 37"
1. Zero Gravity Full-Body Recliner – For Massage Lovers
If you are in search of comfort then Kahuna massage chair recliner is an excellent option. It’s large, have shoulder airbags, and offers many adjustment options as well.
Experts say that to get a good sleep, the muscles need to be relaxed and what better way to relax the muscles than a massage? This chair offers three zero gravity massage levels to help relieve stress from your body.
It comes with a remote control to help you choose massage options intensity. Moreover, the massage offered by this chair involves several techniques such as shiatsu, kneading, tapping and rolling. Hence, expect a good sleep in this chair.
- 6 auto programs.
- 30 minute massage timer.
- Double layer should airbags.
- Dual foot rollers for foot massage.
- 3-year warranty.
- Detachable and washable foot compartment.
2. NHI Express Addison Microfiber Recliner – For Both Smaller And Taller People
The construction of this recliner is its strongest point as the entire frame is hardwood and covered with microfiber upholstery. It is quite durable and can bear weight up to 250 pounds.
It doesn’t take up much space as the recliner only needs 4-5 inches of space behind to recline fully. It’s a good choice for people who have space issues at home.
The maximum recline provided by the chair is 135 degrees and since there are no electric motors installed, you have to recline manually.
The chair comes in four separate pieces but it’s a breeze to assemble it. Follow the manual and you’ll be able to assemble it in a few minutes only.
- 1-year warranty.
- Washable fiber.
- Comes in 3 colors.
- Stain resistant fiber.
- Plush and soft.
- Not suitable for people who are very tall.
- Squeaks after some time.
3. Homall Manual Recliner Chair – For People With Sensitive Skin
If you are looking for a budget pick then Homall can be a good choice for you. It offers great comfort and looks attractive as well. It is composed of polyurethane upholstery which is soft and quite easy to clean.
For extra comfort, there are three thick sponges located at the foot area, back and seat cushion. They provide extra comfort to your feet and back.
The chair has rubber feet and won’t disintegrate your floor. Moreover, it can support up to 265 pounds of weight.
- Lifetime exchange warranty.
- Simple to assemble.
- Steel frame.
- Comes in 3 colors.
- Retractable footrest.
- Can’t accommodate people taller than 6 feet.
4. Lifestyle Power Recliner – Remote Recliner
It’s an electric recliner that can provide you with comfort with a single button given on the remote control. It is composed of a plush fabric that is soft, stain proof, and easily cleanable.
There’s a USB charging port in case you want to work on your laptop or phone while resting in it.
This chair can recline completely flat and help you sleep. It’s quite durable as well and can support a weight limit of 250 pounds.
- Silent motor operation.
- Heavy duty plush fabric that can run for years.
- Easy to clean.
- Easy to assemble.
- Comes with a leg support.
- Might emit a strange smell in the beginning.
5. Flash Furniture Recliner – For Enhanced Back Support
The soft suede material on this chair offers a cozy feeling when you get in it. It’s not an electric recliner, however, there’s a level that lets you recline the chair in several angles. One can lock the chair as well when they want to stand up.
The best part about this chair is cleaning it. You will only require a soft bristle brush to clean it from dirt, dust, and debris.
Many customers have expressed their love for suede recliners as they are extra soft and cozy. Therefore, expect a soothing sleep in this one.
- Plush arms and back pillow.
- No saggy springs.
- Rocker chair.
- Comes in 3 colors.
- Gives amazing support to the back.
- Very expensive.
- Squeaks sometimes.
6. Bonded Leather Electric Recliner – Total Recline Control
Another electric recliner that not only offers top-notch comfort but looks elegant as well is Bonded Leather Power Electric Recliner Living Room Chair.
It is manufactured with bonded leather which provides extra support to the back and helps you go to sleep easily.
It has the tendency to recline fully back or you can stop the motion at any point and choose your favorite spot as well.
The fabric is very easy to clean and tends to shine when you clean it with a wet cloth. Moreover, the back and armrests are overstuffed so that your body doesn’t ache even when you use it for several hours.
- Comes in many colors.
- Durable body.
- Plush material.
- Maintain a vertical position with no effort.
- The area behind arm pads is weaker and might break.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Sleeping on Recliners
- Minimizes Back, Neck and Arm Pain: People who have joint pain or severe back pain can use these devices as they provide good support to the body. Pregnant women can also use the recliner when they are experiencing back pain. However, if it’s an electric recliner than consult with a doctor first.
- Enhances Blood Circulation: One major reason for our back and neck to ache is stress. It blocks the proper flow of blood and triggers pain in that area. A recliner soothes our muscles and improves blood circulation when we recline in it. Thus reducing pain.
- Enhances Respiration: It might sound surprising but a recliner does help people who have breathing issues. When you lie flat or recline, your lungs expand and allow you to breathe properly. This helps clear off minimal blockages and enhance your respiration.
- Soothing Sleep: When your muscles are relaxed, you will feel drowsy and be able to sleep easily.
How to Choose the Best Recliner for Sleeping
There are several factors that one must consider before buying a recliner. If you wish to buy a recliner that’s best in every aspect then follow these tips:
- Recliner Type: There are various kinds of recliners on the market that are a bit different in functionality. There are massage recliners which are meant for people with back and neck pain. These are expensive but can really help reduce stress and pain.
- Rockers: These have no electric motor in them but they are able to move back and forth. Some come with a lever while some need to be rocked manually.
- Simple Recliners: These offer small reclination only and are quite affordable too. In addition to this, pay attention to the material and how much the product reclines.
- Material: It is important to check the material of the chair. Leather recliners can get very hot in summers so if you live in a region where summers are tough then consider other material options. Go for recliners that have a soft cover for extra coziness.
- Electric Or Manual: If you are suffering from back pain then a manual reclining chair can turn out to be troublesome. Here, an electric recliner chair will be your best bet as it will recline with the help of a remote controller.
- Price: Price is a crucial factor when choosing a recliner. Electric recliners tend to be costly while manual ones are budget friendly. However, if budget is not an issue then you can also opt for massage recliners. They offer two functionalities, relaxing along with a massage.
- Space: It’s not wise to choose an extra large recliner when you have little space in your home. Even if the chair accommodates somehow, it may not recline fully and cause problems. Therefore, it is better to first determine the space available and then buy a recliner chair accordingly.
These are some of the best recliners on the market. Our personal favorite is Zero Gravity Full-Body Massage Recliner but it’s a bit expensive. If you want a budget-friendly option then try Homall Manual Recliner Chair. It’ cheap but reliable.