If you travel a lot, you must know how uncomfortable it can get during the journey. Not everyone can afford a first class ticket and most of us have to spend hours feeling uncomfortable and sleepy.
Moreover, sitting in the same position for hours can also lead to neck strain. Consider investing in inflatable travel pillows so that your neck gets the support that it needs.
These pillows are light in weight, easy to carry, and quite comfortable as well. Plus, you’d find it a breeze to sleep as well with an inflatable travel pillow providing you support.
So without much ado, let’s have a look at 10 best inflation travel pillows for 2020:
10 Best Inflatable Travel Pillows for 2020
Daydreamer Inflatable Travel Pillow
Microfiber, Memory Foam
This is one of the best inflatable travel pillows on the market in terms of quality, price, and features. It is designed to support your neck like a pro and lets you sleep peacefully.
Inflate/Deflate: This one has a built-in inflation pump that makes it a breeze to inflate the unit. The button mechanism requires no effort and is easy to handle. Similarly, inflating the pillow is no big deal either.
Press the air valve and it will be done in no time.
Contour Support: The pillow is designed to comfort your neck. It won’t cause any strain or pain in your neck and can provide support to the neighboring areas as well.
Maintenance: The pillow is enclosed in a velvet zip cover. You can remove the cover and wash it to make it look neat.
- Ergonomic design supports your neck and back.
- Inflates in 30 seconds.
- Equipped with a carabiner clip.
- U-shaped pillow contours to the neck perfectly.
- Remains cool.
- Sounds a bit squishy when inflating.
If you are tired of back and neck aches due to conventional pillows and lumbar then it’s time to get this AirComfy inflatable pillow. It is designed to support your neck and back and can keep you comfortable for hours.
Hourglass Shape: The best thing about this pillow is its hourglass shape. Thanks to the unique design, you can keep it in your day to day life as well as it can provide relief whether you’re lying in bed or sitting in a chair.
You can use it around the neck, knees, and back. It’s the right size as well and fit for most people.
Built-in Band: If you don’t like pillows to jolt then consider this option. It has a built-in band which you can tie against the headrest to stop movements.
Inflate/Deflate: You can inflate it to your required thickness or deflate it into a packsack for easy storage. The process is easy and automatic.
- The pillow stays stable when tied with the band.
- Can be used as a headrest or as a pillow.
- Unique side-sings prevent your head from turning.
- Cleanable with a damp cloth.
- Stays a bit thick even after you deflate it.
This travel inflatable pillow will support your neck in an upright position. Its soft fabric doesn’t irritate the skin and is very comfortable as well.
Cashmere Fabric: The fabric is super soft and feels great when it touches the skin. It contours to your neck and keeps it upright. This way, you won’t feel any pain in the neck or back even if you sleep for hours.
Washable: It has a micro-velvet, removable, and washable cover. You will not have to deal with a dirty or smelly pillow.
Arched Shape: This arched raised pillow improves cervical protection. It will support your neck, head, and back. This makes it suitable for a lot of purposes. You can lie in bed and enjoy movies as well.
- Strong ABS valve seal.
- Allows you to choose thickness level.
- Skin-friendly and discreet zipper.
- Push-button inflation.
- Takes 2-3 minutes to inflate.
If smaller neck travel pillows are not your cup of tea then consider Travelrest – The Ultimate Inflatable Travel Pillow/Neck Pillow.
The highlight of this pillow is its messenger-wear style that starts from your shoulder and goes all the way to the lower back, just like a bag.
Memory Foam: There’s a memory foam inside the pillow that makes it super soft and likable. It is easily deflated and can be stored in a bag. Moreover, the memory foam provides support to your head, neck, and back.
Keeps Head From Falling Forward: This unit has a unique seat-belt style that ensures your head remains straight and doesn’t fall forward or sideways.
Multi-Use: It can be positioned down the side, around the torso, worn like a bag or tethered to a seat.
- Available in many colors.
- 2-year warranty.
- Prevents neck strain and tension.
- Rolls when deflated.
- Remains cold even in hot weather conditions.
- The red deflation button may malfunction. You can check the video on the official site for tips on how to adjust it.
Kmall is a comfortable travel pillow that offers quick inflation and deflation with the press of a button. You won’t have to blow air in yourself which is a big relief.
Ergonomic: The U-shape design of this pillow keeps your head, neck, and spine in alignment. This helps reduce pain and makes it easier to fall asleep as it also prevents your head from leaning forward.
Cool: This pillow is manufactured with a silky, smooth cover that prevents sweating. It’s not only comfortable but it’s also very cool.
Inflate/Deflate: You can inflate and deflate the pillow by pressing a button. When deflated fully, it transforms into a square shape from a U-shape. This makes it easier to store and travel with.
- Available in many colors.
- Equipped with a pocket to store phone, eye mask etc.
- Removable cover (the pillow is machine washable).
- May not be very comfortable due to the design.
This U-shaped pillow is manufactured with 100% memory foam, therefore, expect it to be very comfortable as memory foam is known to remain cool even in warm weather conditions.
Foldable: Not many pillows can deflate to a compact size like this one. It can be fully deflated and folded into a ball. This makes it easier to store and carry.
Washable: Sweating doesn’t only ruin the look of a pillow but also makes it stink. Since this pillow is enclosed in a velour cover, you can easily remove and wash it.
Comfort: This pillow offers both comfort and stability thanks to the pure 100% memory foam and no additives. It will prevent neck aches when you use it on longer journeys.
- 30 days money back guarantee.
- Stays cool even in warm weather conditions.
- Comfortable and very soft.
- Easy to inflate/deflate.
- The design is not very attractive.
This pillow is designed to support the neck and is also quite soft. It offers an adjustable thickness (pump in air to increase thickness and pump out to decrease).
Plus, you can use it as a tournure as well.
Neck Alignment: Its curved shape provides excellent support to the neck. It keeps your neck in an upright position and makes sure there’s no strain or ache. Plus, the support level is also adjustable.
Micro-Velvet Fabric: The pillow has a soft and removable velvet fabric that is comfortable and does not cause discomfort. In fact, it feels soft on the skin.
Scratch Protection: The pillow is enclosed in a zipper cover which is both removable and washable. This cover protects the pillow inside from scratches.
- 12-month warranty.
- Lightweight and washable.
- Raised Neck Design for improved support.
- Easy to deflate and soft.
- Doesn’t make noise when inflating or deflating.
- Not very durable
This inflatable travel pillow is your ticket to sleep as it comes with earplugs, eye mask, and also a carrying bag.
Ergonomic Design: It is designed to keep your neck upright and well-supported. This ensures there’s no pressure on your spine and you don’t get tired even after a long journey.
Velvet Cover: This pillow has a velvet cover on top that’s not only soft but removable and washable as well. It is meant to serve you for many years and also quite comfortable.
Easy Inflation/Deflation: Press the button repeatedly to inflate air and push the double sealed air valve to release air.
- Comes with accessories (eye mask, bag, earplugs).
- Offers excellent back and neck support.
- 2-year warranty.
- The carrying bag is not very durable.
FINDANOR travel pillow is ideal for long hours of travel. It’s quite luxurious and comfortable.
Adjust Inflation level: The pillow is constructed from a PVC base and soft velvet that keeps it comfortable. Moreover, there’s a built-in pump that lets you adjust the inflation level.
Easy Maintenance: There’s a velvet cover around the pillow that protects it from scratches. The cover is removable and easy to wash.
Comfort: The ergonomic design of the pillow offers an excellent level of comfort. It supports your neck and corrects the spinal alignment as well.
- Inflates in only 30 seconds.
- Suitable for kids as well.
- Comes with a storage bag.
- Two humps on the pillow keep your neck straight.
- The air valve is not very durable.
You will have to blow this pillow manually but thanks to the large valve diameter, the job only takes three to four blows t. There are no leaks and it can easily bear about 100 kgs of weight.
Comfortable: This U-shaped pillow contours to the neck and works all the way down to the spine. Thus, providing utmost relief. Moreover, you can even sit on it.
Inflate/Deflate/Store: While inflating requires effort, the unit deflates on its own and takes just a few seconds.
3-Step Fold: Once you deflate the pillow, it can be folded in just three steps, and stored easily.
- Ergonomic u-shaped and curved design for more support
- Lightweight (170g when deflated).
- 1-year warranty.
- 30 days return policy.
- Washable velvet cover.
- Works on manual inflation (you need to blow air to inflate it).
Benefits Of Inflatable Pillows
There are many benefits of getting an inflatable pillow.
- Helps Get A Pleasant Sleep: Inflatable pillows are soft and contouring. They provide excellent support to the neck, spine, and lower back and also help you fall asleep quickly and easily by keeping you in the right posture.
- Traveling Companion: You don’t have to worry about weight or space as they are very light in weight. Plus, they can be inflated and fit the palm of your hand.
- Ease: The best inflatable travel pillows work on pressure points and reduce pain not just in the neck and back but around shoulders as well.
- Multipurpose: These multipurpose pillows are designed for travel but some high quality units can be used at home and work as well.
Things To Consider Before Buying
Shape: Travel pillows come in various shapes and offers different levels of comfort and support. It’s important to choose one that fits your needs.
- U-Shaped: It is the most commonly used shape for travel pillows. They look aesthetically good and also support the head from three sides.
- Collar Shaped: This shape is supposed to provide 360 degrees support from all sides of your neck. They cover your neck like your collar does and some even come with a strap to offer better support.
- Cushions/Hourglass: It is a traditional cushion type pillow that is comfortable and can be used for multiple purposes.
- Travelrest: They look like a comma and support not just your neck but the chest and back as well. Plus, they also look very good.
Material: The material of the pillow greatly determines its softness and durability. Memory foams can be a good choice as they are soft and work on pressure points as well. Other than this, it also remains cool in summers.
Weight: This is important because big and heavy pillows can take a lot of space and also make it troublesome to travel with.
Inflation Method: Inflatable pillows may be inflated automatically or manually. While the former offers ease, the latter can be a pain to deal with. Other than this, see what kind of noise they make when inflating or deflating and also pay attention to the time it takes to inflate or deflate a unit as some can take very long.
These are the top 10 inflatable travel pillows you can get for yourself. Make sure to weigh your options and choose one that offers the right level of comfort.