Conventional razors are being quickly replaced with electric shavers as they are more convenient and offer a top-notch shave in minutes. In fact, the electric shavers market size is expected to grow to $7.91 billion by 2025 considering the growing demand.
The market is flooded with a plethora of electric shavers, each claiming to be the best. While this huge variety is good, it can confuse a lot of people. To make this easier, we have picked some of the best electric shavers on the market on the basis of their cutting technology, durability, finesse, features, and price.
Let’s have a look at some of the best electric shavers for men.
10 Best Electric Shavers For Men 2019
Pulsonic Technology: The highlight of Braun 7 790cc is its ability to use 10,000 micro vibrations in a minute. This technology lets it trap a lot of hair in a single pass.
Battery: On a full charge, this electric shaver can run for 50 minutes. This is pretty good for 8-10 attempts.
Active Lift Feature: The shaver has three cutters used to lifts up the flat lying hair on the skin to make cutting smooth.
Optifoil 2X: This feature lets you cut hair as small as 0.5mm. It’s an excellent feature for people with sensitive skin.
3 modes: This shaver offers 3 modes, sensitive, normal and intense mode (to cut through thick stubble).
- Suitable for both thin and thick hair.
- Charging and docking station included.
- No active cooling technology (skin cooling).
- Doesn’t support wet shaving.
Contour Skin: This shaver detects fine hair and offers a smooth cutting experience even on the edges.
V Track Precision Blades: These precision blades are capable of giving 30% closer shave than rival shavers.
Note: Change the blades after a year.
3 Speed Settings: This shaver offers a 3-speed setting: low speed (for sensitive skin), normal speed (for normal beard-cutting) and fast speed (for cutting through a thick beard).
Wet And Dry Shave: This shaver can be used to cut both dry and wet hair.
- 50 minutes runtime.
- Smart cleaning system to keep the shaver clean.
- 2-year warranty.
- Dual blade cutting technology.
- Can be a bit difficult to maintain.
Titanium Coated Blades: 9290cc has titanium coated blades, making it perfect for thick beards. These blades are designed for accurate and efficient cutting.
5 Minute Charge Option: There’s no need to keep the shaver plugged in for hours until it charges fully. This shaver is capable of operating on a 5 minute charge as well. So, 9290cc will be of great help when you’re running late for a meeting and want the last minute shave.
Runtime And Battery: The shaver charges fully in an hour and can be used for 50 minutes straight.
Performance: The shaver comes equipped with 4 cutters embed to a pivoting head that can move in 10 directions. Therefore, it can work on a variety of hair types including thick, thin, and stubble.
- Works on sonic technology (auto senses beard density and chooses power accordingly).
- Skin guard on the head to avoid injuries.
- 5 minute charge option.
- Comes with a cleaning dock station and carry pouch.
- The travel lock on the machine restricts the shaver from accidentally turning on.
- Battery needs to be replaced after a year.
Wet/Dry Shaving: Since it helps remove facial hair and also body hair, it offers both dry and wet shaving. You can apply shaving cream, gel or hair removing cream to shave any part of your body.
Pop Up Trimmer: The pop-up trimmer is placed on the side and helps provide good results without hurting your skin.
Runtime: On a full charge, it can run for 42 minutes.
Easy To Clean: Since it is waterproof, you can clean it under water and remove the stuck hair and debris.
- Multi-moving pivoting head contours to the face.
- Inner blades move at 30 degrees and give a close shave.
- 2-year warranty.
- For both men and women.
- Small size – easy to travel with.
- No automatic cleaning system.
- No charging dock.
5 Speed Options: This shaver offers 5 speed settings. You can either choose turbo setting to get quick results or try sensitive speed if you have sensitive skin.
8D Contour: The head of this shaver can move in 8 different directions and is meant to adapt to the skin easily. 7865cc is meant to reach difficult please with ease without irritating your skin.
4 Shaving Elements: This shaver operates with great safety as it has 3 cutting blades and 1 skin guard to protect your skin while shaving.
Runtime And Charging: The shaver is capable of running for 50 minutes constantly when fully charged. It only takes 50 to 60 minutes for the shaver to charge.
- Autosense technology.
- Built in trimmer to cut edges.
- Comes with a cleaning dock station.
- Waterproof – offers both wet and dry shaving.
- Germany made – lasts up to 7 years.
- Doesn’t operate when plugged in for charging.
Flexible Multi Shave: The head of this shaver can bend and maneuver in different angles, especially when shaving a sensitive area such as neck, jaw or chin. Moreover, you can shave your beard, sideburns, and mustache, too, without any trouble with his shaver.
Prevents Razon Burn: The shaving blades and screen on this shaver are meant to provide a close shave without burns.
Rechargeable: This cordless device is rechargeable, therefore, you can travel with it, too.
- Prevents razor burn.
- Powerful enough to shave even shave your head.
- Can cut through thick and dense hair.
- Works smoothly on both sensitive and normal skin.
- Makes a bit of noise.
Microcomb Technology: 3040s Proskin operates on microcomb technology which is associated with catching more hair in a single pass. This way you will get a quicker shave and save time.
Wet/Dry Shaving: It is amazing that a low budget shaver can offer both wet and dry shaving. You can use foam, gel or cream to make your skin soft and perform a gentle shave with this beauty.
Runtime And Battery: One hour of charge offers 45 minutes of runtime.
- 5 minute quick charge feature.
- Works silently.
- Attractive body and easy to hold.
- Sensofoil on the head protects your skin.
- Precision trimmer to cut sideburns.
- Manual cleaning is required.
- No LED charge display.
Twin Uses: This shaver comes with twin blades. You can cut or set your beard with one and the other blade is meant to provide with body shaving.
Body Combs: You get 5 combs with the product – four combs for face shaving and one comb for body shaving. These combs help cut long hair easily when attached on the shaver head.
Two Minute Shave: Norelco one blade operates on 200 revs per second, thereby, cutting your beard in less than 2 minutes.
- Skin guard on the head protects the skin.
- The blades last for 4 months minimum.
- Comes with combs (5mm, 3mm and 1mm).
- Contours to the face.
- 60 minute runtime.
- It does help cut small and long hair but can’t cut a 2 day old beard (thick hair).
Wet/Dry Shaving: It works for both dry and wet shave. You can use gel, foam or skin substances to soften the skin first and then shave your beard.
Durable Plastic: This shaver might be made of plastic but it doesn’t crack, break or bend easily.
Battery Life: M90 operates on 2 AA batteries that offers a runtime of 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Travel lock on the shaver to restrict accidental activation.
- An equipped trimmer to cut stray hair.
- Can be used in sensitive places (pubes too).
- Lightweight and easy to hold.
- Doesn’t have a powerful motor.
- Can’t cut through a 1-day older beard.
- Leaves behind hair that are lying flat on the skin or the ones that are thick.
Interceptor Technology: This technology helps users cut both thick and thin hair with great ease. It does not feel heavy on the skin and does an even job.
Dual Power Source: It is both a corded and a cordless device. It can operate on 2 AA Nicad batteries or you can also plug it in a power outlet to use it. There are both options.
Runtime: It only takes an hour to fully charge this shaver and it runs for an hour on a full charge. Moreover, another amazing feature of this shaver is its 5-minute quick charge. It can offer a quick shave by simply charging it for as less as 5 minutes.
Shaves Multiple Areas: The pivoting head of this shaver is meant to shave hard to reach areas such as the chin, neck. Moreover, the shaver offers great flexibility as well.
- Can be traveled with.
- Washable head.
- 2-year warranty.
- Doesn’t support wet shave.
- Not waterproof.
These 10 electric shavers are some of the best ones on the market and are capable of runner for a long time if kept well maintained. Pick one that caters to your needs and offers you a smooth and a quality shave.
Things To Consider Before Buying
Blade Options: If you are looking for a shaver that offers a close shave then pick one that has a high number of blades, preferably three or more. The blades are responsible for working collectively and giving you a close shave in less time.
If you want to trim long hair then choose shavers with pop-out trimmers as they can easily trim long hair and sideburns.
Waterproof: A waterproof shaver gives you peace of mind as you can use it in the shower, in the bathroom, etc. The best thing about waterproof shavers is that they are a breeze to clean. You can place them underwater and clean them.
Battery: When choosing a cordless device, it is important to consider the battery life. If you are a regular user then a shaver that can operate for an hour on a full battery will be sufficient. However, if you travel a lot then look for a shaver that can last for 2 or more hours. You can also get an extra battery in this case.
Cost: Electric shavers come in a wide variety at different prices, ranging from $25 to $350. If you are looking for many functions and a good quality shaver then you will have to spend more. However, if budget is the issue then buy a cost-friendly shaver from a well-known manufacturer such as Braun, Panasonic.
Maintenance: It’s important to keep the shaver well maintained and cleaned if you wish to prolong its life. Go with shavers that come with automatic cleaning and charging stations to make the job easier.
If you do not get an automatic cleaning station then buy a cleaning brush and some lubricant to manually clean the shaver’s head.
Shaving Speed: Go for shavers that operate at a speed of 10,000 RPM or more to enjoy quick service.
Shaver Type: Normally, there are two kinds of shaver, rotary and foil. You should choose one depending on your needs. Here’s what each shaver type can do:
- Rotary: These have rotary blades inside. They help in cutting thick stumbles and irregular patterns of hair from the skin. They can bend, flex and cut through a stubble easily.
Other than that, they are good at shaving the jawline, neck, and chin.
- Foil: If your goal is to cut short and fine hair, stylize facial hair with precision or get a close shave then go for foil shavers.
These can easily shave straight hair and offer the closest shave possible. Moreover, they are more suitable for people with a sensitive skin as they offer a hurt-free shave.
Winner: Depends upon your needs.
Corded/Cordless: Corded shavers are slowly being replaced by cordless devices due to many reasons such as:
- Safety threat when using in a bathroom or with wet hands
- Not operable without a power outlet
- Not portable.
On the other hand, cordless shavers are more convenient as they are:
- Portable and can be traveled with
- Battery operable (battery is chargeable).
Winner: Cordless shavers win here.
Electric Shaver for Men FAQs
Q. Which is the best electric shaver for a sensitive skin?
Electric shavers that allow wet shave are good for sensitive skin. You can use gels, foam or creams to moisten the skin and get a smooth shave.
Other than that, shavers with pivoting heads are also good for sensitive skin as they can bend and flex more, and shave sensitive areas without any problem.
Our personal favorite is Wahl Professional 8061-100 5-star Series Rechargeable Shaver.
Q. What are some of the best practices to prolong the life of an electric shaver?
- Don’t apply any lubricant when you are shaving.
- Do not overcharge the shaver.
- Clean the shaver after every use.
- Go for shavers that come with an auto cleaning system.
- A charging and a cleaning dock will extend the life of a shaver as it cleans it from the inside and also lubricates the parts.
- Replace the blades after a month.
- Do not use with water if it’s not waterproof.
- Do not use for wet shaving if it’s only a dry shaver.
Q. When to replace the blades?
When it seems that the shaver is inflicting a lot of heat and pressure on your skin then the blades might have worn out and need a replacement.
Shaving Tips for Men Using Electric Shavers (Video)
These are five of the leading electric shavers of today and are known for superior performances. Our top pick would be Philips Norelco Shaver 9300 as it is suitable for all kinds of shaves.
However, if you want a full-body shaver then go for Panasonic ES8103S Arc 3 Wet/Dry. It’s suitable for both men and women but can be a bit expensive. If budget is an issue then choose Remington F5 5800.